Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Commentary RE: Bag ban-The impacts

In this blog presented by one of my classmate titled, "Bag Ban-The impacts" I think that he did a good job of laying out the pros and cons of a topic that has recently affected all of us Austinites. I think that Wes did a good job of laying out his opinion but at the same time making points that were honest, and which I am sure many of us felt this same way initially for instance, when he said that at first the thought of this bag ban was more of an annoyance and resistance to change more than anything else.

 I agree with him that after initially hearing about this ban I thought to myself, that is going to be a pain to remember my reusable bags, or I thought it was some kind of an inconvenience. As Wes stated after a few months of forming the new habit of bringing my bags along with me, I find it to be not that bad and if this little act can save our planet in even the slightest I am all for it.

I found Wes' blog to be well thought out in his presentation and informational about the facts that supported his thoughts on this topic. I especially found it to be interesting when he brought up the fact about this ordinance making it easier for shoplifters, which I had always slightly thought this to be a possibility but I wasn't aware about the facts behind it.

Overall, Wes did a good job of commenting on this topic as well as putting forth his opinions about it in a reasonable and honest fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment